FAQ for Mallard Creek STEM Academy
· There is NO TUITION
School Hours 8-3
· We are a UNIFORM School. The uniform policy will be posted on the website. Students will be required to wear Black or Khaki bottoms and school polo shirts, and sensible, closed-toe shoes. Students will wear solid color outer-wear, or school logo sweatshirts. Uniform shirts and outerwear are available for purchase now. For uniform purchase click HERE.
· We will offer Breakfast and Lunch through a certified, lunch provider. We will offer free and reduced lunches for qualifying families. You will be required to complete a survey prior to starting school to participate in the lunch program. All students are allowed to purchase breakfast or lunch at full price. All students are allowed to pack a lunch. All students are encouraged to bring a snack to school.
· Early and After care will be available and will be managed by the school. A fee schedule will be posted by June with registration forms. Homework help, snack and enrichment activities will be offered.
· The school will have bus transportation, but the routes and times can’t be completed until we are fully enrolled. We will post a bus request survey online after registration and coordinate routes and times as we get closer to school opening.
· After school enrichments for students will be offered as available including academic clubs, performing arts, sciences and sports.
· The school will have a parent formed organization (PTO, PTA, PTF) to be determined.
· The school will offer student services for children that are EC, AIG or ELL. Student placement and services will be determined after registration and receipt of all related paperwork.
· After school academic programming will include Science Olympiad and Odyssey of the Mind. We will need parent volunteers for both!
Please check our website and Facebook page for news and updates. As parents enroll, we will create a weekly newsletter to keep you informed!